For the staff of Slidell Memorial Hospital, everyday is a birthday.Along with your doctor, the experienced staff of SMH provides expectant families a vital support team with one objective in mind: helping you nurture and deliver a happy, healthy baby. We've been serving families with one-on-one labor and delivery care, a Level III Neonatal facility, pre- and post-natal classes and all private rooms designed for the whole family for generations. Our Maternal Child unit is ranked in the top 1% in patient satisfaction nationwide.
Slidell Memorial Hospital is the area's most experienced Women and Children's center. With all Registered Nurses and nine practicing Obstetrician/Gynecologists on staff, SMH is committed to a comprehensive approach to providing the best care and compassion for your very special delivery. We have birthed many sets of multiples and even multiple generations. Families who know SMH keep on coming back because of our expert care and highly trained clinical staff.
The unit features 10 recently renovated post-partum rooms and a spacious high-risk birth room for specialized comprehensive treatment of obstetrical complications.
We offer a wide array of services for women and children including:
- Spacious all-private labor, delivery and recovery suites, surgery rooms and a surgical recovery room that provide comfort and care to mom and dad
- Ante-partum testing
- Specialized, comprehensive treatment of obstetrical complications
- In-house anesthesia coverage 24 hours/day
- Mother/baby well and high-risk care with specially trained physicians and nurses who can handle any situation that may arise, and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for extra special care
- Breastfeeding Center offering inpatient and outpatient support and consults with Registered Nurses who are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- Breastfeeding supplies, breast pump rentals and information at our Beautiful Beginnings Boutique
- Family Resources to help guide you along your way to delivery, including Birthing Center tours, preadmittance, and pre- and post-natal educational classes