Ortho and Surgical
In our Orthopedics and Surgical Services Departments, successful results of your surgery are just part of our goal in your care. The other is pain management, to ensure that you remain as comfortable as possible, both during your procedure and in the recovery time which follows.SMH offers full-service Surgical and Orthopedic facilities with pain management provided by the exclusive services of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medical Consultants, LLC (APMC), comprised of seven anesthesiologists available on a 24-hour-a-day basis.
The hospital also boasts the only hospital-based Inpatient Rehabilitation unit in St. Tammany Parish to be awarded three-year accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for its comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program, winner of two national Top Performer Awards in recognition of its patients' superior outcomes. A separate state-of-the-art, 12,000-square-foot Outpatient Rehab facility offers the ongoing care necessary to help patients regain mobility and independence.
Slidell Memorial Hospital stays up-to-date with the newest technologies in orthopedics. The department recently invested in a new state-of-the-art hanaTM Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Table, which provides extensive maneuverability, continuous LED monitoring and a surgeon-controlled, powered femoral lift for improved surgical access. The new hanaTM Arthroplasty Table--one of just 100 in use across the country--allows for less-invasive, single-incision anterior hip access with no disturbance of the lateral and posterior soft tissues, providing the patient immediate stability after their hip surgery, which can cut the time spent in hospital post-surgery in half. This minimally-invasive anterior procedure requires a smaller incision, anywhere from four to five inches in length, allowing surgeons to complete the procedure without detaching muscle from the pelvis or femur. As a result, the patient's hospital stay can be as short as two to four days.
- Full-service Surgical and Orthopedic facilities
- High priority on pain management and quicker recovery times
- Board-Certified Anesthesiologists
- All Anesthesiologists have expertise in the most advanced pain management techniques and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- 6-bed Surgical Intensive Care
- 6 Operating Rooms
- Only St. Tammany Parish hospital-based rehabilitation unit to be awarded three-year accreditation by CARF for its comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program
- A state-of-the-art 12,000-square-foot Outpatient Rehab Unit